- A. Poor Filtration
- B. Suspended particles
- C. Organic contaminants build up
- D. pH high
- E. Total alkalinity high
- F. Combined chlorine in the water
- G. High dissolved solids
- H. Hardness too high
- A. Dissolved metals from water source
- B. Low chlorine/bromine levels
- C. Fragrance
- A. High concentration of oils and organics being agitated by the jets and/or Therapy Air
- A. High Calcium level, high pH, high alkalinity
- A. High level of organic contaminants, combined with chlorine
- A. pH too low
- B. Combined chlorine due to high concentration of organic contaminants
- C. Allergic reaction to sanitizer
- D. Bacterial contamination
NO CHLORINE/ BROMINE READING
- A. High concentration of contaminants using up sanitizers
- B. Test kit reagents ineffective
- A. Dirty filter, clean with Arctic Pure® Filter Restore (not with disposable filter). Increase Filter cycle.
- B. Add Arctic Pure® Easy Clear
- C. Shock treatment with Arctic Pure® Refresh
- D. Add Arctic Pure® Adjust Down until level reads 7.2-7.6
- E. Add Arctic Pure® Adjust Down to adjust TA level to 100-130 ppm
- F. Shock treatment until combined chlorine is eliminated (see container instructions)
- G. Empty spa and refill
- H. Add Arctic Pure® Best Defence until level reads 100-280 ppm
- A. Use Arctic Pure® Best Defence and have your dealer check your water balance
- B. Add Arctic Pure® Boost treatment to raise chlorine levels and test chlorine levels or for Bromine system add Peak Boost & test Bromine levels
- C. Stop the use of fragrance
- A. Squirt Foam DissolveTM on foam. Refer to pg 20 for more information. (not with disposable filter).
- A. Drain partially, add Arctic Pure® Best Defence, correct pH level to 7.2 – 7.6 and alkalinity to 100-130 ppm.
- A. Check pH and adjust as required.
- B. Shock with Arctic Pure® Refresh, add Boost or Peak Boost dependent on whether you have a chlorine or bromine system
- C. Dilution of water will reduce contaminants and odor.
- D. Check any ozone system is operational
- A. Add Arctic Pure® Adjust Up until level reads 7.2 – 7.6 ppm
- B. Add Arctic Pure® Refresh, add Boost or Peak Boost.
- C. Change from Bromine to Chlorine or vice versa.
- D. Drain and refill spa.
- A. Add sanitizers until levels are up to the recommended levels
- B. Replace test kits at least once a year
- C. Chlorine/Bromine level very high and is bleaching test reagent, Allow sanitizer levels to recede by opening cover and running jets.
Download the full PDF here